Sunday, August 2, 2015

Day 7




My roommate, Liz, and I got up early to go walking on a trail that led into the surrounding forest. It. Was. Awesome. We walked for about twenty minutes through the lush green foliage, moss-covered trees and rocks and small streams. Half asleep, the sun peeking through the super tall trees, it seemed like a dream. Then we ate breakfast and settled in for the bus-ride to Curitiba. Breakfast here usually consists of lots of fruit, juices, bread and occasionally some coffee-cake-like foods and meat and cheese. I’m loving the papaya and mango at breakfast/lunch every day!

Late in the afternoon in Curitiba, we ventured through a small bird park, where I saw my first Toucans and monkeys of Brazil. Then we went to check out the mall a couple blocks away. We had dinner during happy hour at a Mexican restaurant. Happy hour is at like 7 o’clock here. How perfect is that. The group had a great time and took cabs back to the hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment