Saturday, August 8, 2015


Day 13
Foz do Igaucu
Last day of trip






We had breakfast at the hotel, packed our bags, and said farewell to each other and headed to the airport. We shopped around for some last minute souvenirs and then waited for our flights. Most of our group was heading back to the states, but I was a little nervous to be traveling to Rio de Janeiro for a few days by myself. All in all, it was a great trip. I really enjoyed the technical part of the trip; all of the company visits were well-organized and engaging. Also we got to see parts of Brazil that most tourists do not experience. I wish I had known more Portuguese, but I guess that is something to work on for next time. Because I will definitely be back to Brazil!


Saturday afternoon 8/8 – Wednesday 8/12

These are the days I spent in Rio. I was able to go samba dancing in Lapa, walk along the beach in Copacabana and Ipanema, buy souvenirs at the Hippie Fair, and visit the must-see sights - Sugar Loaf Mountain, Christ the Redeemer, as well as the Tijuca Forest. The city was much different from the cities we saw while traveling with ISA. It was very interesting to see the contrasts and it was fairly easy to get around by foot, bus or taxi. I met some great people as well! I highly recommend visiting Rio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment